Weddings at St Nicholas Church, Wallasey
David and Elizabeth wedding attendance registration form https://forms.churchdesk.com/f/XnForBxBkv
Firstly let me congratulate you on your engagement and forth coming marriage, and may we wish you every blessing as you begin to make those very important decisions regarding your wedding.
As you have come to the St Nicholas website, and to this page in particular, I assume you are considering a marriage in St Nicholas Church. If so allow me to help you.
To marry in a Church of England Church you must have a qualifying connection. Recognising the need to open the Church to as many people as possible the Church of England has made significant changes to rules governing how people can be married in a Church of England Church, but the details can still be a bit ‘complicated.’ I would suggest you look at the Church of England website which has detailed information regarding Qualification rules but at a glance you can marry in a CofE church if you can show:-
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
- That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
And did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.
Here at St Nicholas we try to encourage everybody who wants to marry here to come along and join in the worship as often as possible. This helps me to get to know you and also helps you to come to St Nicholas on your wedding day and know that this Church is a very special place for you because it is ‘your Church.’
There are some other legal things we need to cover but to get the ball rolling please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch shortly